Salad w almonds, sultana raisins and a creamy Parmesan dressing
This salad works great as a starter or as a side to a pasta or any type of grilled or fried meat.
Author: Waltzing Matilde
- Serves 4
- 150 g Mixed greens (such as arugula, baby spinach)
- 1 heaped dl / ½ cup / 85 g of almonds
- ½ dl / ¼ cup of Sultana raisins (preferably organic)
Creamy Parmesan dressing
- 0, 8 dl / ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of full/double cream
- Black pepper, if freshly ground, then yay!
- Optional: ½ clove of garlic, chopped up finely or crushed
- 50 g / a scant ½ cup of Parmesan, grated
- Toast the almonds for a few minutes in a medium hot pan, with a glug of olive oil and 2 pinches of flaky sea salt. (I usually toast them dry for a few minutes and then add the oil and the salt towards the end.)
- Grate the Parmesan finely. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, put in the Parmesan last.
- Chop up the almonds roughly.
- In a salad bowl, mix your greens with about half of the sultanas and half of the almonds. Pour over the dressing and mix. Sprinkle with the rest of the sultanas and almonds.